contact me...

if you have any questions or have an idea or want me to share something of your's...feel free to e-mail me. i'd love to hear from you.
ali_amw_458@hotmail.com

Sweet little Lego party...

What's this?? I'm back again??? Twice in a month....Hopefully I can keep this up! ;)
Anyway...today I'm here to share a little Lego party I did for my nephew. 
It was a lot of fun to experiment with new things this time around. 
Here's a shot of the whole spread...
 What do you think?

It was fun! It was my first time ever working with fondant. Fun to play with. 
I have decided that I would share how I did the little fondant Legos, so here we go...
This is the fondant I used. VERY convenient that it came in the colors that I needed! I got this at Wal-Mart for about $10.
I kneaded it a little and then rolled it out and cut out the size rectangle I wanted. I used a very sharp paring knife for this. It worked really well, but if you don't have that then a friend of mine suggested using an exacto knife. 
I also got this awesome idea from that same friend mentioned above (Hi Becky!)
Using my plain circle icing tip to cut out my circles. Worked like a charm! 
Then I glued the circles on the rectangles using vanilla extract. Becky (Thanks again...she's a fondant pro) said that any extract will work, but vodka works best....didn't have any of that lying around so this was the weapon of choice. 
Frosted the cupcakes and VOILA! The cupcake liners I found at Zurchers, they also happened to be the perfect colors. I used my son's MegaBloks as a backdrop/cupcake stand. I think it turned out pretty cute. 
And these little guys intimidated me quite a bit...but once I got the hang of it, it was fun and I felt like I was an artist. LOL Any of you know me, you know I an NOT an artist! So if I can do these....anyone can. I used a Wilton food marker for these. 
TIP: It wasn't a smooth process, writing on the chocolate....have a paper close buy to that you can get your ink going again when it starts not working so well. I hope I can figure out a better way to do this soon....but that is what I did for these Little Lego Heads.
And that's it....the Lego Party. Hope that if you decide to do a lego party and use any of the things I shared that you will send me some pics....I'd love to see!!!
Thanks for looking!
Happy Making!

Becky S. –   – (January 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM)  

Ali, it all looks great! You did an awesome job :)

oops!  – (January 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM)  

I Love to see all the creative things you do! You are so good at everything! Photography, parties, DIY projects and the list goes on and on! xoxo

Post a Comment

my family

my family

About This Blog

This is a blog that I thought I would share all the things I love....photography, crafts, treats and more.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP